1. Reviews: I recently made it a goal to write my reviews within 24 hours of reading. I've been doing really well but it's a habit I want to make second nature. Grr, there is nothing worse then trying to write a review days, weeks, and *eeeks* months later.
2. Book Jackets: I will be hosting a consecutive series of Book Jackets Giveaways. I;m striving for weekly to increase followership but a few a month minimum! I am also looking into the best venue and pay options to possible sell some along the way as well. My goal here is to 1.) Post giveaway timely and 2.) Gather the selling info asap. I am trying to convince my hubby that he's much better at researching so he should do it for me *hoping* bc I hate research.
3. Support Hawaii Library Giveaway. I want to get this up and going. What is it?
Books I find and I buy from my public libraries 'for sale' racks- books which were donated then sold to raise money for the libraries. These racks are like treasure hunts. Some hits some misses but when I find the hits I will grab them and share with you all. The books are mostly gently used. Take a look at a few I have categorize on my blog's flickr:There's more but I'm no where near organized and dread shuffling books around.
4. I have a fun idea for blogger interaction but I have yet to get the ball rolling.
5. Comments. I want to make my rounds to all the wonderful blogs I love and comment more.
6. Interviews/ Guests Page: Has anyone seen that this page is practically blank. I would like to page to be a compilation of Guest posts and Interviews. It's really not hard to do but every time I jump on the computer I find something more pressing to tend to.
7. Buttons/ Images: I want to get images made for my blog. Images for Winners, On My Hit List, New Releases, Book Jackets, and a few others.
Wow.... this is starting to look like my to do list!=)
8. I want to start publishing posts on different bookie topics. I've recently decided to remain more or less anonymous on here.... meaning I don't want to bombard everyone with my everyday happenings. Most of my posts are reviews but that's mostly because I prefer to read and not write. Though I have a few bookie topics that I'd love to post up and read everyone's thoughts.
9. Read More!!! Read Read Read. I want to dive more into the genres I love and not waste time on books with blurbs that don't knock my socks off. Not to say those books are not awesome just not my cup of tea. I need to be more selective and make every book count especially since life is awfully busy and leisure is few and far between at times. Also, want to read more Steampunk Romance.
Hmmm, besides the ever popular NY Resolution of loosing weight and eating healthy which ought to be written in permanent ink because it never seems to get crossed off the list. I have a few other goals I would like to reach this New Year of 2011.
1. Suck a blow pop to the core- no biting. I lack patience and always bite after a few licks. Hahaha, it's a reflection of my reading preference too.
2. Whistle with two fingers.
3. Make money leis and bouquets. Click Here for a Google Image search.
4. Clean my book shelves and get rid of books that's been sitting too long. Then organize my books.
5. Learn a couple of designs to cut Tshirts.
6. Complete a few craft projects. Work with my tools more often.
7. Hike several trials I have been wanting to.
8. Add a few more recipes to my Go To line-up.
9. Find new employment or finish my degree. Not sure which one I will be doing but I'd like to make my mind up soon.
My personal goals are quite simple except the former in permanent ink and the latter. If you've made a post of sorts leave a link in the comments I would love to check out yours too and perhaps add a few more to mine as I read around!!!
Enjoy your New Year's everyone. I plan to do just that! Hawaii locals get pretty crazy on New Year's Eve and this one will probably be more so since fireworks will be banned. I'm not happy with that so I will have to start writing and calling my Representatives in office. Anywho, Enjoy your festivities and be safe. I don;t know about you all but I am ready to embrace 2011 and see what will come of it!